Until the country has Covid-19 fully under control, please note the following amendments to our terms and conditions. These amendments are borne out of the current COVID-19 situation. The measures we are putting in place are for your safety and for the safety of our staff. Guests must adhere to the park’s COVID-19 safety conditions for use of electric hook-ups, water points, skips, recycling facilities, grey waste and chemical discharge points. Masks must be worn inside all buildings on site throughout the 2022 season, regardless of any government guidelines. Social distancing is in place across the Park and sanitising stations have been placed at possible touch point contamination areas. For further information about arrival procedures etc please visit our website.
Caerfai Bay reserves the right to cancel your stay should the R value and virus transmission rate increase in Wales.
Holiday Homes – At time of writing Covid is still present in the country although the risks have been reduced due to the vaccination program. For this reason, this year we will restore some of the bedding to each caravan so that duvets and pillows will be in all the caravans without the need to change them for each booking as we did in 2020 and 2021. Pillow protectors and mattress covers will be changed on the beds that have been used, but only one ‘Tregwynt’ woollen blanket will be supplied to each caravan. We will supply bath mats, oven gloves and if requested, more blankets free of charge. For the first time we will be charging for bed linen (duvet cover, sheets and pillow covers) at £10 per caravan; this charge, if necessary, can be taken out of the returnable deposit. Two weeks before your arrival you will receive a form which you need to complete, sign and return. On this, you will be able to detail any extra requirements such as bedding and agree to any specific conditions at the time. Our amenity room/laundry room at the top of the office will be closed every Tuesday morning but open the rest of the week.
There will be a temporary outside wet suit wash next to the grey waste station. Further information will be emailed prior to your arrival and is also available on our website. Your deposit is payable at the time of booking and the outstanding balance is due six weeks before arrival. If you have been self-isolating due to yourself or a party member having coronavirus/coming into contact with an individual with coronavirus you must have completed your 10-day self-isolation before your arrival date.
You must stay at home if you or someone you live with has either: a high temperature; a new, continuous cough and/or loss of smell or taste (anosmia).
If you develop any symptoms of COVID-19 (listed above) during your stay you must inform us as soon as possible. You must return home to self-isolate and follow government guidelines. We do not have the capacity nor facility to accommodate guests and their families whilst self-isolating.
- Access to site grounds will be through a barrier. You have an individual barrier code on your booking documents. Please use hand sanitiser provided before tapping in code.
- Only one member to enter reception per “party”.
- Only two guests in reception at any one time.
- One-way system in and out of reception
- Screen between guests and staff at reception counter
- Hand sanitiser available for use outside reception and inside reception on counter.
- Please either wait outside reception (2 metre marking before entrance) or in your car if there are two guests already in reception
DURING YOUR STAY
- Friends and relations visiting caravans were not allowed during the Covid pandemic; please check with the office for the latest conditions on visiting and if approved, you will need to supply us with names and contact numbers so that they can access the barrier; this also applies to Taxis. Note: Food deliveries are not allowed.
- No social/group activities permitted on the park.
- Tourist information/local attractions can be found on links on our website.
- WiFi is available during your stay and the code can be emailed to you on request. Please note this may slow down depending on how many people using WiFi at same time.
- Please respect 2 metre social distance between yourself (guests) and staff/contractors.
- Please use telephone/email if you need to contact us, and limit coming to the office.
- If you develop any symptoms of COVID-19 (high temperature, loss or change of smell, new continuous cough) during your stay you must inform us as soon as possible. You must return home to self-isolate and follow government guidelines. We do not have the capacity nor facility to accommodate guests and their families whilst self-isolating.
AT THE END OF YOUR STAY:
- Please depart on time, at or before 9:30am for static homes.
- Please place refuse in bin store opposite reception or bin store in camping field.
- Please text, email or call the office to confirm that no one has had any symptoms of COVID-19.
IMPORTANT – please read before making a booking
1. BOOKING AND PAYMENT
Bookings for holidays are welcome from families and couples. Out of season we can book legitimate groups.
Caravan Holiday Homes
Bookings for caravan holiday homes can only be accepted from persons over 21 years of age. By paying the deposit, you acknowledge that you agree to the Terms and Conditions of Caerfai Bay Caravan & Tent Park on behalf of the total party intending to occupy the caravan holiday home.
Reservations by phone or online are provisional for up to 10 days until a deposit of £50 per week plus a £100 refundable cleaning/key deposit is received (for example, £150 deposit required for 1 week stay).
The balance for caravan holiday home hire is due 6 weeks before arrival. A reminder will be emailed to your registered email address one week before the balance due date and we reserve the right to cancel the booking if the balance is not paid by the due date.
Bookings received less than six weeks in advance of arrival will require payment to be sent in full with the additional cleaning/key deposit of £100.
The cleaning/key deposit is returned within 2 weeks after your departure providing the caravan has been left in a satisfactory condition by 9:30a.m. on the day of departure. Part/all of the deposit will be retained if extra cleaning is required and/or damage incurred. Where property has been left in the caravan and returned by post, some of the deposit will be used to cover these costs.
If you need to cancel your caravan holiday home booking 6 weeks or more before your arrival date we will refund your deposit less a £10 administration fee. Your cleaning deposit will be refunded in full.
If you need to cancel your caravan holiday 6 weeks or less before your arrival date and we are able to re-let your holiday for the dates you have booked, we will refund your cleaning deposit and balance less a £10 administration fee. It is best to check nearer the original date of arrival if this has been rebooked and as to when any balance will be refunded to you.
Where the weekly rate has been reduced to re-let the caravan holiday, the outstanding difference between the reduced rate and original cost is liable to be paid by the individual who had cancelled the caravan holiday. This differential amount will be deducted from the refund balance. The amount refunded in this circumstance will be the reduced re-let value minus a £10 administration fee and full refund of the cleaning deposit.
If you need to cancel your caravan holiday 6 weeks or less before your arrival date and we are unable to re-let your holiday for the dates you have booked, the weekly balance paid is non-refundable. The cleaning deposit will be refunded in full.
If you are concerned about the prospect of cancelling, please take out holiday insurance. Bookings are not transferable to another family without our prior agreement.
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE
Please note Caerfai Bay Caravan & Tent Park is on the RIGHT of Caerfai road – please do not confuse us with Caerfai Farm or Caerfai Organic Shop.
Holiday Home Arrival: 4pm onwards on the day; Departure: by 9:30am on the day
On arrival you must check in at the park office where you will be asked to confirm your occupancy details, collect your keys and where possible personally shown to your caravan holiday home.
If you anticipate an arrival later than 5.00pm in high season (school summer holidays) or 4.00pm in low season please contact the office on the day to check arrangements.
On departure, please return keys to the Park office by 9:30am. If leaving early please notify a member of staff or if departing out of hours please lock the caravan and leave the keys in the site post box next to the Park office door.
YOUR HOLIDAY HOME
Your holiday home
• The person who makes the booking is responsible for ensuring compliance with the rules and booking conditions by all members of his or her party, including any visitors, pets or children. Please familiarise all of your party with the site rules and regulations.
• You are responsible for the caravan holiday home during your stay and it should be left in a clean and tidy condition at the end of your holiday. All furniture & equipment in or on the caravan holiday home should be left in the same state as at the commencement of the holiday. If beds are made for you, please remove linen and place in laundry bag provided. Any damage or breakages will be charged and must be reported to the office staff prior to departure. No attempt should be made to repair or replace items.
• Under no circumstances should the soft furniture (including blankets) be moved outside the caravan holiday home.
• The proprietors reserve the right to reasonable access of the property at any time for emergency maintenance etc.
• If there are any omissions in the inventory, any problems with equipment in the caravan or other park facilities, please report them to the office immediately. Out of hours, messages can be left in the office post box or you can use the emergency telephone number displayed in the office window.
The person who makes the booking is responsible for ensuring compliance with the rules and booking conditions by all members of his or her party, including any visitors, pets or children. Please familiarise all of your party with the site rules and regulations.
Consideration for Others – This is a peaceful, quiet family park. Radios, stereos or other sound systems are permitted though we request visitors to be considerate to others and keep the volume low. From 10pm to 8am the park must be quiet and voices must be lowered.
Children – Parents are to be responsible for their children at all times whilst on the park. An adult should accompany children under 7 years to the toilet and under 11 years accompanied to the showers. Please respect each holiday home’s area, and make sure your children do not disturb neighbouring pitches. Visitors are asked to respect the integrity of the boundary hedges and not to climb over them or remove stones. As quiet time is from 10pm you are responsible for reminding your accompanying children of this and you must ensure they return to your accommodation at this time.
Vehicles and cycles – All vehicles must register with park office staff and only one car is permitted per caravan holiday home. All other vehicles must park in designated parking areas and display a ticket issued at the Park office. Additional cars and visitors’ cars must pay the daily rate. Motor vehicles and bicycles on site should, at all times, be used with due regard to the safety of others and their speed should not exceed walking pace (5mph). Foot pedalled cycles and scooters can be used (no skateboards), but are not allowed on the grass or on the ‘tarmaced’ area around the toilet blocks, communal areas and especially at the entrance of the Park and the road leading to the Park office. No cycling is permitted on site between dusk and dawn, other than visitors who arrive solely by this form of transport and their bicycles are equipped with front and rear lights. Motorised mobility scooters are allowed on site, but children’s motorised scooters or skateboards are not. Some of the park is sloping, and cars should be parked across the slope for safety reasons.
Dogs – Well behaved dogs on leads are permitted. Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times whilst on the park and exercised in the designated dog walk area or off the park. Even out of the site, we ask dogs must be on a lead and under control at all times as sheep and cattle graze in nearby fields. Most local beaches have areas where dogs are allowed. Please do not leave dogs unattended in your caravan, motorhome or tent. There is an area set aside in Field 3 where dogs are not permitted, please do not allow your dog to stray into this area. Owners must “poop-a-scoop” any “accidents” on Park grounds and deposit in the dog bins or refuse bins. To ensure underground services remain undamaged, long skewers, especially dog securing stakes, should be used only after seeking the advice of staff. When you are on your pitch make sure that the lead is at a length that your dog cannot be within 5m of a roadway or encroach within 5m of the next unit. Owners will be requested to leave the Park without refund where they have not complied to the rules regarding keeping their dog on a lead or failing to clean up after their dogs. During the school summer holidays all dogs must be on a short lead while walked through the site. There is a limit of two dogs per pitch, with discretion for an extra dog during the low season. Any decision about pets on the site will be taken at the discretion of the management.
Smoking Policy – All buildings in the park, hire tents, and hired static vans are strictly NO SMOKING. If you smoke, do it outside and dispose of your extinguished cigarette ends in the bins provided.
Restricted activities – Skate boards and roller skates are not allowed. Guns, air guns, catapults and kites (other than the inflatable type) are not permitted on the park. Metal detectors, drones and Chinese lanterns are not permitted on the park. No hard-ball games.
Visitors – Please ask your visitors to make themselves known at reception when arriving at the site. Visitors cannot park next to caravans and must leave their car either next to the park office or in the car park outside of the park – visitors’ cars must pay the daily rate. Please note dogs in visitors’ cars are not allowed in the non-dog camping area.
Zero tolerance to drugs – Any person found using illegal substances on the park will be asked to leave and the police will be contacted.
5. CUSTOMER COMPLAINTS/COMPLIMENTS
Should you experience any problems or have any queries during your stay, our staff will be pleased to be of assistance. If there are any omissions in the caravan inventory, any problems with equipment in our holiday homes or other park facilities, please report them to the office as soon as possible. Out of hours, messages can be left in the office post box or you can use the out of hours telephone number displayed on the office window.
We always welcome your comments and suggestions on any aspect of the park’s operation.
If for any reason beyond our control, for example fire damage, the holiday home/pitch is not available on the date booked, all monies will be refunded in full and we will not be liable for any further claims.
This is a family park. The proprietors reserve the right to cancel any booking, refuse admission or terminate the occupation of any accommodation without compensation when in their opinion, any of the conditions of booking or park rules are not observed or when the conduct of any visitor is considered unacceptable or unreasonable. We reserve the right to amend our terms and conditions at any time, without prior notice. We do not accept any liability for loss or damage to guests’ property and recommend that guests ensure their accommodation (caravan, motorhome, tent or the like), equipment and personal property are adequately insured while on site at Caerfai Bay Caravan and Tent Park.