We are delighted that we shall be able to open Caerfai Bay Caravan and Tent Park from 13th July for our static caravan hire after the period of lock-down. Nevertheless, we are not ‘out of the woods’ just yet and we have had to put in place several protocols and conditions to make your stay safe both for yourselves, other visitors and our staff.
You will have received a form to make bedding requests and to update on our new conditions.
Due to the current coronavirus pandemic we have changed our payment dates. Deposit is due four weeks in advance of arrival and full payment one week before arrival. You can make a payment by logging into “view your booking” via the “customer login” tab on our website. You will need your booking reference number and surname.
BEFORE YOU COME:
- Do not come if you feel unwell
- We are encouraging our guests to bring your own bedding and other linens. Vacuum storage bags may help if space is limited in your car.
- We will supply bedding etc if you are not able to bring your own. This should be requested in good time before arrival date. We do not provide towels.
- We will endeavour to get your caravan ready by 4p.m. but due to extra cleaning time needed this may not always be possible. Please call when you are approx. 30 minutes away from arriving at Caerfai Bay, so we can let you know the up to date procedure for key collection.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE:
- Access to the site is via a gated barrier. Please have your barrier code ready, and use the hand sanitiser before tapping in the code.
- Caravan keys will be sterilised and bagged for you to pick up from the office – only one representative of your party should collect the keys.
- Only two guests in reception at any one time.
- One-way system in and out of reception
- Screen between guests and staff at reception counter
- Hand sanitiser available for use outside reception and inside reception on counter.
- Please either wait outside reception (2 metre marking before entrance) or in your car if there are two guests already in reception
- Information will be shown on laminated maps, tourist information is pre-packed – available on request. Coast to coast and local information broadsheet will be in cleaning pack in your caravan.
- For out of hours protocol please contact the office or consult your booking information details.
WHAT’S IN THE CARAVAN:
- There will be a plastic box just inside the door which has disinfectant spray, hand wash, tissues, sanitiser, cloths and refuse/pedal bin bags, and an orange bag with label to use for bedding at the end of your stay. You may wish to bring more of your own sanitiser etc. These packs are changed for each booking, they will also contain a coast to coast and local information. Please do not take the box/items home. The information should be placed in the recycling at the end of your stay.
- Tourist attraction links can be found on our website. WiFi code will be included in your welcome pack (emailed prior to arrival).
- All bedding will have been removed from the caravan (unless requested not to in advance) and each bed will have a fresh mattress cover.
- Where cushions are supplied in caravans, half have been removed so we can rotate these between stays to allow time for steam cleaning and drying.
DURING YOUR STAY:
- Please use telephone/email if you need to contact us, and limit coming to the office.
- Please tie up your refuse bags and place them in the relevant skips near the office. We ask you to wear rubber gloves to place items in the skips – waste bins could be a source of infection. We will clean the lids regularly.
- Shared facilities will be not be open – no laundry, dishwash, toilets, showers or wet suit wash.
- No visitors will be allowed on site, nor will supermarket delivery services.
AT THE END OF YOUR STAY:
- Please put all our bedding including mattress covers, cushions, bathmats, oven gloves (where supplied) in large orange bag and seal/make secure with the red label, ready to be taken away to our holding facility.
- Place the vacuum cleaner in the middle of the lounge floor. We would be grateful if you could remove the dust bag (if present) and place in the refuse bin.
- Please place the lid firmly on the plastic box with the cleaning materials and leave outside the caravan door.
- Weather permitting, please open windows in all rooms.
- Departure time is 10am, as our cleaning regime will require a greater allocation of time, please leave on time or earlier if you can.
- Leave the caravan unlocked with the key inside. Please telephone or text the office to let us know as soon as you have vacated.
WHAT WE WILL DO:
- On changeover days, we wash all utensils, crockery, pots and pans; use antiviral sprays and cleaners as appropriate. We use specialised cleaning equipment as required; these include UV light vacuum for upholstery, steam cleaners and fogging machine as necessary. All our cleaning staff have face protection, gloves and disposable aprons. The ‘fogging’ staff have full PPE, and the caravan is left empty for the required time after fogging.
- During your stay we will do our best to answer any queries you have and provide information and help over the telephone.
If you develop signs of illness during your stay please contact the office immediately – further details included in your welcome pack (emailed prior to arrival – hard copy available on request).
Thank you for your patience during these unprecedented times. We look forward to welcoming you to Caerfai Bay.