As part of our phased reopening we are delighted that we shall be able to open Caerfai Bay Caravan and Tent Park for self-contained units (from 20th July) and units without a shower on board, but which do have cooking and toilet facilities (from 25th July) . On board facilities can only be used by guests staying in that accommodation.
To reduce risk of touch point contamination and aerosol transmission of Coronavirus we have reduced our facilities and increased our cleaning regime.
Amenity block in the caravan field is closed. The camping field amenity block will be open to a limited extent from the 25th July. It is mandatory for every unit to have their own toilet facility, since during cleaning times, the amenity block will be locked for at least one hour. Reduced facilities in the camping amenity block will be available for campers. Facilities include toilets, socially distanced basins, and four self-contained family rooms (toilet, shower, baby change and basin). Three sinks in the dishwash room will be available, two sinks for washing up and one for hand washing clothes. Kitchen facilities will be removed apart from one microwave. Two sockets are available for phone charging – use is at your own risk. No charge for freezer pack service, specified pick-up time outside the park office. Wetsuit wash is relocated outside at back of facilities block. Showers will not be available in the main women’s and men’s blocks – there is insufficient free flow of air to dissipate any virus particulate that may be transmitted as airborne/aerosol.
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
- Please do not come if you or a member of your party is unwell. Do not come if you have any signs of COVID-19, high temperature, new, persistent cough or recent onset loss of smell/taste (anosmia).
- Read amended terms and conditions in light of COVID-19 outbreak.
- Please pay the balance before arriving on site – payment can be made over the phone or online.
- Access to site grounds will be through a barrier. You have an individual barrier code on your booking documents. Please use hand sanitiser provided before tapping in code. Enter # before code
- If you have not already been given details and a plan of your pitch before arrival, you will need to come to the office
- Only one member to enter reception per “party”
- Only two guests in reception at any one time.
- One-way system in and out of reception
- Screen between guests and staff at reception counter
- Hand sanitiser available for use outside reception and inside reception on counter.
- Please either wait outside reception (2 metre marking before entrance) or in your car if there are two guests already in reception
- Information will be shown on laminated maps, tourist information is pre-packed – available on request.
DURING YOUR STAY
- NO FACE WIPES / CLEANING WIPES in cassette waste – these block the drainage pipes. Used wipes should be placed in refuse bins.
- Please use face mask and gloves or sanitise hands before using field taps, electric hook up points, refuse bins, recycling bins, water taps in the waste points and touching handles for cassette waste.
- Clear signage and reminders for handwashing and use of hand sanitiser is placed throughout site at specific “touch points”.
- No occasional visitors and no social/group activities permitted onto the park.
- Tourist information/local attractions can be found on links on our website.
- Free WiFi during your stay – code will have been emailed to you in information documents. Please note this may slow down depending on how many people using WiFi at same time.
- Please respect 2 metre social distance between yourself (guests) and staff/contractors.
- Please use telephone/email if you need to contact us, and limit coming to the office.
- If you develop any symptoms of COVID-19 (high temperature, loss or change of smell, new continuous cough) during your stay you must inform us as soon as possible. You must return home to self-isolate and follow government guidelines.
AT THE END OF YOUR STAY:
- Please depart on time, at 11am or before.
- Please place refuse in bin store opposite reception.
- Please text, email or call the office to confirm that no one has had any symptoms of COVID-19.
WHAT WE WILL DO:
- We use specialised cleaning equipment as required. All our cleaning staff have face protection, gloves and disposable aprons, and full PPE when necessary.
- We will adhere to rigorous cleaning timetables to ensure touch points are regularly sanitised.
- We will provide clear signage and reminders for handwashing and hand sanitising.
- We will provide hand sanitiser at touch points for guest use.
- We will do our best to answer any queries you have and provide information and help over the telephone.
Thank you for your patience during these unprecedented times. We look forward to welcoming you to Caerfai Bay.